• Last Updated: July 6, 2021
HALL OF FAME RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT CO. (“HOFRECO”) respects your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we obtain about you when you interact with our websites, applications, and any other online services operated by or on behalf of HOFRECO (“HOFRECO Sites”), how we use the information, with whom we may share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
• Third-Party Services and Features
For your convenience and information, the HOFRECO Sites may provide links to other online services, or otherwise enable you to connect with third-party websites and apps, features, plug-ins, tools, widgets and social networking services (“Third-Party Sites”). These Third-Party Sites operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties. Your interactions with those Third-Party Sites, and your rights and obligations when accessing and using Third-Party Sites, are not governed by this Privacy Notice or our Terms of Service, and will instead be governed by the terms and policies of those Third-Party Sites. We encourage you to carefully read those terms and policies, as they may differ from ours. To the extent any third-party services or features that the HOFRECO Sites provide links to are not owned or controlled by HOFRECO, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
• Information We Obtain
The types of personal information we may obtain when you visit the HOFRECO Sites may include:
- Contact information, such as name, telephone number and postal and email address;
- Account information if you create an HOFRECO account, such as username and password, profile photo, age, gender, and general location information;
- Information we obtain when you create, or login or connect to, an HOFRECO account using third-party social media services, or otherwise interact with the HOFRECO Sites using social media, such as social media handles, content and other data;
- Information you provide in connection with any sweepstakes, contests, events, or other promotions we may offer; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through communications, chat and messaging functions (e.g., Team Chat), surveys, and other interactions with the HOFRECO Sites.
In addition, when you visit the HOFRECO Sites, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information we may obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your device, web browser characteristics, browsing history, device characteristics, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits. We may use these automated technologies on the HOFRECO Sites to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with the HOFRECO Sites; (3) tailor the HOFRECO Sites around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of the HOFRECO Sites and the effectiveness of our communications; (5) offer social media features, such as to allow you to share content on third-party social networks; and (6) otherwise manage and enhance the HOFRECO Sites and our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly. The HOFRECO Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” (“DNT”) signals or similar mechanisms from browsers. Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of automated collection technologies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without these technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of the HOFRECO Sites. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
We may share your geolocation information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf. These companies are authorized to use precise geolocation information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We also may share your geolocation information with third parties so that they may provide you with geographically relevant advertising. If you wish to stop the further collection of your geolocation information, whether collected through location services, Bluetooth, or microphone access technology, please opt-out using your device settings.
• How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- Provide the HOFRECO Sites and our other products and services;
- Create and manage your account;
- Verify your identity;
- Communicate with you (including providing you with offers and other communications about our products and services), respond to inquiries, contact you about an event or program, and provide customer support;
- Personalize your experience on the HOFRECO Sites;
- Advertise and market our products and services, including providing personalized advertising;
- Manage and administer participation in surveys, sweepstakes, promotions or other programs;
- Perform analytics (which may include website analytics, market research, trend analysis, financial analysis and anonymization of personal information);
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing, improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications and customer service function; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of the HOFRECO Sites, products and services, and prevent misuse;
- Exercise our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities, and defend our rights and property or the rights or safety of third parties; and
- Conduct investigations and comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies and terms (including this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service).
and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may opt out of interest-based advertising on mobile devices by activating the “Limit Ad Tracking” or equivalent feature offered by your mobile platform.
• Information We Share
We may share the information we obtain about you with our affiliates and business partners. We also may share the information we obtain about you with third-party vendors and other entities to perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analytics, advertising, customer service, and other services. We also may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent or as directed by your representative. We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
• Your Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you. To submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the How To Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice. You also can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails. We may occasionally send you push notifications to your mobile device. You can turn off certain push notifications in the account settings of your HOFRECO mobile app. You can also turn off push notifications specific to our HOFRECO mobile app in the settings on your iOS device.
• How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
• Children’s Privacy
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE TO (a) USE THE HOFRECO SITES, (b) USE ANYTHING ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE HOFRECO SITES, OR (c) TRANSMIT/SUBMIT/POST ANY SUBMISSION, ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANYTHING TO ANY FORUM OR ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE HOFRECO SITES. By accessing, using and/or submitting information to or through any of the HOFRECO Sites, you agree and represent that you are at least 13 years of age or older and otherwise have the legal capacity to enter into these Terms.
Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, HOFRECO hereby notifies you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. The HOFRECO Sites are not directed to, not intended for and may not be used by anyone under the age of 13.
AGES 13-18: IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN AND YOU PROVIDE YOUR CONSENT TO YOUR TEENAGER’S ACCESS AND USE OF THE HOFRECO SITES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS IN RESPECT OF SUCH TEENAGER’S USE OF THE SITES AND/OR ANYTHING ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE HOFRECO SITES.
• Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.
• How to Contact Us
You can submit a request or ask us questions about this Privacy Notice by using the Contact Us feature on our website. You can also email us at email@example.com.